Monday, September 20, 2010

Communicating in Matoran



Last night, Aidan practiced his spelling words. While Aidan and I were going through his words together, Austin asked if I would make him a spelling test. He wanted me to select words from his Bionicle book. So, we ended up doing two spelling tests, and two bonus words. He did very well.

Then, Austin wanted to know how many letters from the Matoran alphabet I could remember. Austin set up a page with circles for the Matoran letters, and asked me to fill in the circles for the letter codes I knew. I started with A and C, then I remembered B and R and D. Austin suggested X, because it's basically an X in a circle, then he walked me through the rest of the alphabet, telling me about his memorizing tricks. We have a picture of the alphabet (Austin cut it out of the page). The letters are not in "alphabetical" order, because of the process we took to record them. He's quite a good teacher. I'm pretty sure I have the whole alphabet memorized now.

Then, Austin asked me to write a note to him, in Matoran. I wrote, "I want to go to sleep." Then, Austin asked me to write "Bionicle" in Matoran. Then, Austin set up a couple anagrams for me to solve. He wrote, "INHDKII," which, unscrambled, reads "Nidhiki." I had first spelled it, "Nihdiki," but Austin told me it's not like another Bionicle name that has the "H" prior to a "D." I don't remember the name he told me.

The next anagram was KAKOPA, and I unscrambled it to "Kopaka." Then, he wrote, "HYDRNXAO," and I unscrambled it to "Hydraxon."

Then, it was my turn to make an anagram. I wrote, "SMTRYYE," and after asking a few questions, such as, "Is the first letter an S? M?" and "Is the third last letter a Y?, E?" Austin solved the anagram as the word, "mystery."

Then, I really needed to go to sleep, so Austin continued without me. He wrote, "The Vahi is one of the legndary (sic) masks. Good night mom."

Then, before he tucked himself into bed, he wrote out a two-sided letter, all in Matoran code. This morning, I read it when I woke up. This is what I read:

"Hi mom. Can I have a glas (sic) of milk. This is what I wanted to teach you. To be able to write your oun (sic) sentenses (sic) and I've wrote (sic) this page so you can memorize your Matoran. I hope you've remeber (sic) your Matoran or you'll have a real hard time reading this page that I've given you.

So this is my Matoran. I've memorized all the Matoran alphabet. You want to see the alphabet ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. And that's the Matoran alphabet. Some times (sic) I'll accidentaly (sic) write English letters, but for the majority it's Matoran. I'm surprised (sic) that I have a Bionicle from evry (sic) time in Bionicle history.

It's realy (sic) nice here in Deep Cove. It's too bad that we half (sic) to leave this place, but the Caribeean (sic) might not be so bad. Well I'm getting ____ (sic) so bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment